To contact us Click HERE
In our family since our youngest son was in grade school he has asked for pumpkin pie on his birthday the 29th of September. Over the years I have tweaked the amount of spices on the Libby's label to get it where my family likes it. This year he turned 23, and I made it to show him that I still remembered it was his favorite. I put a candle in it.
Libby’s Famous Pumpkin Pie with Extra Spice
1. In a large bowl mix together:(1) 1- 29 oz can of pumpkin(2) 1 ½ c brown sugar(3) The following spices: 1 t salt, 5 t cinnamon, 2 t ground ginger, ½-3/4 t cloves, 3 t pumpkin pie spice. (4) 4 large eggs
(5) 2 cans of evaporated milk(6) Taste mixture and adjust by adding more cinnamon or the pie spice. I’ve always used more than the recipe calls for!
2. Pour into 2 gluten free pie shells. Bake at 425 for the first 15 minutes. Then at 350 for 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Ginger’s Mom’s Best Pie Crust My Gluten Free Version – Makes 2
1. In medium bowl: Beat 1 egg, and then add enough milk to make 7/8th of a cup—which is 1 cup minus 2 T. (Make sure all ingredients are cold so pastry will be flaky.
2. Mix dry ingredients: In a bowl measure out 1 cup rice flour, 1 cup sorghum flour, 1 cup of tapioca flour, 1 1/2 t baking powder, and 1 t salt in a bowl. Cut in 1 ¼ cups of butter.
3. Stir in egg and milk mixture. Be careful you don't work the flour too long.
4. Make two balls. Put on heavily gluten free floured board and roll each of them out into an an 8” circle. Since I adapted this recipe to gluten free flour, I found this dough a little bit sticky; so keep flouring your board and rolling pin until you get the right consistency.
5. Cut into 4 pieces and one by one place them into a pie plate, seal edges with fingertips. Bake for 20 minutes at 425 if you are just baking the shell without a filling.
Other Gluten Free Baked Goodies on this blog:
Breads & Muffins
Gluten free and Low-fat Banana bread
Beth's Gluten Free Cornbread
Banana Nut muffins
Gluten Free Tremendous Pumpkin Muffins
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
Gluten Free Apple Cake
Gluten Free Carrot Cake
Crisps & Pies:
Lena's Rhubarb Crunch
Fruit Berry Crisp
Ginger's Apple Pie
The Best Pumpkin Pie
Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies
Gluten Free & Low Fat Peppermint Sugar Cookies
Baked Coconut Pudding
Lemon Meringue Pie Pudding