25 Kasım 2012 Pazar

Terrific Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes

To contact us Click HERE
Every fall I like to make pumpkin pancakes, especially on Thanksgiving morning.  This week I looked up a gluten free version, and we found out it's better than my old one.  In my old recipe I had to whip up the egg whites and fold them into the batter.   I was glad to find this recipe a little less complicated. The extra cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice makes these pancakes very fragrant as well as flavorful!  My house smelled wonderful, and for me during the fall the smells of baking make the cold weather and rain a little more bearable.  I found this recipe on a site I visited for the first time--About Gluten Free Cooking. It's definitely a keeper!! 


GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN PANCAKES
1.  Prepare liquid ingredients:  In a large bowl  whisk together  3 eggs, 1 cup of prepared pumpkin,
2 T apple cider vinegar, 1 1/2 cups coconut milk/milk, and 1 t vanilla. 

2.  Mix together dry ingredients:  In a medium bowl stir together 2/3 cup rice flour, 2/3 cup sorghum flour, 2/3 cup tapioca flour, 4 T sugar, 1/2 t salt, 2 t baking powder, 1 t baking soda, 1 1/2 t cinnamon, and 1 t allspice or pumpkin pie spice.

3. Combine ingredients:  Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg/milk mixture and stir until well mixed.

4.  Cooking pancakes:  Put 1 T of coconut oil onto a griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat.  Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet.  I used milk because I was almost out of coconut milk, and so I found the pancake batter a bit runny, but they set up quickly.  I used my pancake turner to round them out and keep them from running into each other before they set up.  Cook until bubbles form on the top, check, and then flip over and cook another minute or two.   Add extra oil as needed.  Stack pancakes on a platter and put foil over the top to keep them warm. 

  

These pancakes are delicious served with with plain yogurt, applesauce, and maple syrup.

We had this with the hash brown egg casserole that is on the breakfast list below and some homemade applesauce.  So good!





Other breakfast recipes on this blog:


Pancakes

Gluten Free Blueberry Pancakes

Banana Split Pancakes

Gluten Free Crepes

Gluten Free Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes

Gluten Free Banana Fritters

Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes





Egg Dishes

Eggs with Sweet Potatoes & Spinach

Hash Brown Egg Casserole

Baked Zucchini Frittata

Cereals

Homemade & Low-Fat Peanut Coconut Granola


Breakfast Muffins

Banana Nut Muffins

Blueberry Muffins

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder