16 Kasım 2012 Cuma

I judge returning TV shows

To contact us Click HERE
Let's get two things out of the way: Parenthood is the best drama on TV and New Girl is the funniest comedy. Or maybe Modern Family is. Okay, that might depend on the week. So let's get one thing out of the way: Parenthood is the best drama on TV. Go to the 5:45 mark (it's after the first commercial mark) and watch this one scene and you'll get it.
Killer. JUST SO GOOD.

And before I get into the rest of the shows coming back, my verdict on Arrow: worth watching. Lots of potential. Still have Nashville on the DVR but I hear good things.

On to returning TV in dramas, comedies, and "reality":

Castle: I loved the first two seasons. Nathan Fillion is just so dang funny. But last season was pretty "meh" for me. I think the writers were having a hard time coming up with mysteries. This season is kind of funny again because Castle and Beckett have a big juicy secret to keep, but this is more Kenny's show than mine now. It's  good one for me to sit and watch with him when I need to do computer things but I want to hang out with him.

Grey's Anatomy: I thought the last season was great, but I'm having a hard time getting through the new season's second episode. It's just so heavy, you know? However, I think Grey's is better than it's been in a long time and I'm hopeful the new season stays up to par.

Scandal: There are a lot of things I like about this show. There are a few big things I don't. It boils down to this: it's well done. I'm willing to stick with it if it doesn't get all crazy soapy like The Practice which I quit two seasons ago because it was unbearable. I hope this show stays more West Wing. I mean, it's not that, but it's not straight up soap, which is nice.

The Good Wife: My second favorite drama after Parenthood. It's so gripping, but you absolutely can NOT relax while watching. And the subplot with Kalinda's husband is already old. But still, I love this show. The writing and acting are so good.

Up All Night: This show doesn't get nearly enough credit. I can't believe it gets lower ratings than some of the drivel that's out there (which I won't name in case you watch it). It's stinking funny. Christina Applegate and Will Arnett=great team.

The New Girl: Nothing makes me laugh harder than this show. Nick is the BEST.

Modern Family: Okay, sometimes this makes me laugh harder than The New Girl. I don't know who's the best here. Phil. No, Cam. No, Phil. 

Hart of Dixie: This is the worst show I watch. There are so many things wrong with it. And still I watch. Homesickness, I think, even though they regularly get Southern things--from the culture to the accent--totally wrong.

30 Rock: The most brilliant and insane thing I watch. HAHAHAHA! Love it in all its subversive weirdness.

Community: The weirdest thing I watch. A lot of it isn't even funny, but when it is funny--and there are those moments every episode where it makes the whole show worth it--it's really, really funny.

Note: Don't tell me to watch Big Bang Theory. I've tried. More than once. More than twice. It's not funny. And trust me, I could out nerd most of you. Would you like to see my sci-fi collection? Because I have one. I get the jokes. They're still not funny. And the laugh track totally sucks the joy out of my life.

Project Runway: Best reality show on TV.

The Voice: Oh, I love this show. It makes me laugh so hard on purpose. The people can actually sing. SING! It's amazing. And the judges crack me up. Except Christina. But Raccoon Eyes knows what she's talking about. She's terrible coach and the people who pick her are crazy, but she understands music. I can't decide from week to week whether I love Blake or Adam more. 

The X Factor: I quit after the first episode. All the try out people were so bad. I think Simon has terrible taste. I might try one more time in the performance rounds. Does anyone know if the group of boys from HB is still on? Because them I liked. The rest? Stink City.

Survivor: It's good this season but it'll get even better when lame sauce Matsing all get voted off. What a terrible, terrible tribe.

And there you go. Oh, I've got another giveaway going on for my new book, Smart Move. Just head over to visit Kathy at I'm a Reader, Not a Writer for the details!






Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder