20 Kasım 2012 Salı

Creamy Pumpkin Soup

To contact us Click HERE
     This fall I made my own pumpkin challenge.  I wanted to see how many things I could make out of the 4 pumpkins I got.  First I made a Thai pumpkin curry, then I tried out a new pumpkin pancake recipe, then a gluten free pumpkin bread, and finally on Saturday I made both pumpkin cookies and pumpkin soup!   What's great is everything tastes so good that no one is even thinking let alone complaining about all the pumpkin they've been eating!   Anyway this soup is easy to make and tasted really good.  I liked the way the pumpkin flavor didn't overwhelm you.  I got this 5 star recipe from Food Network. This would be a good soup to serve with a pasta dish. 
 

CREAMY PUMPKIN SOUP
1.  Prepare vegetables:
(1)  Roast a pumpkin:  Cut the pumpkin in half, remove seeds, and if the pumpkin is large, cut into several pieces.   Drizzle pumpkin with olive oil and roast at 400 for 30-40 minutes.  Dice 2 cups of peeled pumpkin
(2)  Scrub and chop 2 cups of carrots
(3)  Chop 1 onion
(4)  Peel and chop 1 apple
(5)  Chop 1 T of fresh sage leaves or use 1 t dried sage.

2. In a soup pot:
(1)  Melt 2 T of butter and then sauté the onion, carrot, apple, pumpkin, and sage for about 10 minutes or until tender.

3.  Puree vegetables:  Put all the ingredients from the pan into a food processor and puree.



4.  Preparing the soup:
(1)  Put the vegetables back in the soup pot.
(2)  Then stir in  3 cups of chicken broth or water with Better Than Bouillon
(3)  Add the following spices:   2 t of salt, 3/4 t of pepper, and 1 T of Costco Organic No Salt Seasoning and let simmer for 15 minutes.
(4)  Stir in 1 cup of cream or I used whole milk and simmer for 5 more minutes.  Lower the heat so it doesn't boil.
(5)  Adjust any seasonings.









ROASTING PUMPKIN SEEDS
(1)  Rinse pumpkin seeds(2)  Let dry a few minutes.(3)  Spray a baking sheet(4)  Put seeds on sheet in a single layer.(5)  Sprinkle with salt.(6)  Bake at 350 for 10-20 minutes or until brown.

List of My Favorite Soups, Chili & Stew Recipes
Vi's Best Chili

Texas Cowboy Stew

Chinese Chicken Soups:  Bok Choy Chicken Soup, Chicken & Spinach Soup, & Chinese Cabbage Soup

This is the best Minestrone Soup!

Hearty Pea Soup

Italian Sausage Soup
Ukrainian Borscht

Mexican Fiesta Chicken Soup 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder