To contact us Click HERE
Last week I made this pumpkin bread out of one of the pumpkins from my daughter Michelle's garden. I really wanted to see how it would come out in a pumpkin bread. This recipe is from Food.com. First I baked the pumpkin and then my granddaughter Mikaela and I mashed it. She laughed when I told her she was my cooking buddy because she likes to help me in the kitchen.
GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN BREAD
1. Roasting a small sugar pumpkin:
(1) Cut the pumpkin in half and spoon out the seeds. (I roasted the seeds later)
(2) If the pumpkin is a bit big, you can cut it into several pieces.
(3) Cover with foil and bake it at 400 for 30-40 minutes.
(4) Scoop out pumpkin and measure 15 oz of pumpkin. I had a add a bit of water to get it the right consistency.
2. Cream butter and sugar: In a large bowl put
(1) Put 1/2 cup of butter and 1 cup of brown sugar and cream together.
(2) Add 2 eggs ONE at a time, and mix well after each one.
(3) Add 1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree or freshly baked pumpkin
(4) Stir in 1 t vanilla.
(5) Mix well until blended.
3. Prepare dry ingredients: In a medium sized bowl put-
(1) 2/3 cup rice flour
(2) 2/3 cup sorghum flour
(3) 2/3 cup tapioca flour
(4) Add the following: 1 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice, 1 t baking soda, and 1/2 t salt.
4. Combine ingredients: Gradually add the flour to the pumpkin mixture and stir until blended, but be careful not to overmix.
5. Pour into a greased bread pan and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes. Check at 50 minutes for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center.
Other Gluten Free Baked Goodies on this blog:
Breads & Muffins
Gluten free and Low-fat Banana bread
Beth's Gluten Free Cornbread
Banana Nut muffins
Gluten Free Tremendous Pumpkin Muffins
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
Gluten Free Apple Cake
Gluten Free Carrot Cake
Crisps & Pies:
Lena's Rhubarb Crunch
Fruit Berry Crisp
Ginger's Apple Pie
The Best Pumpkin Pie
Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies
Gluten Free & Low Fat Peppermint Sugar Cookies
Baked Coconut Pudding
Lemon Meringue Pie Pudding