To contact us Click HERE Sometimes I crave fish and chips. I grew up on the California coast, and one of our favorite things to do as a family was to spend the day at Newport Beach and then grab some some fish and chips for dinner. It took me awhile when I went gluten free to find a decent recipe for fish and chips. I'll share that another time. Anyway when I don't want to hassle with making a gluten free batter and frying some fish, this oven baked version is the next best thing. And guess what, I found it on the back of a box of Albers Cornmeal! I just added some Organic No Salt Seasoning from Costco. Last week we made these with some oven fries and some cole slaw. With the extra fish sticks we had, we made some great fish sandwiches.
GLUTEN FREE OVEN FRIED FISH STICKS
1. Prepare fish: Rinse 2 lbs of cod and cut into serving pieces or into fish sticks
2. Combine liquid ingredients: Whisk together 2 eggs and 2 T water/milk
3. Dry ingredients: In a bowl combine 1/2 cup of gluten free cornmeal, 1/2 cup rice flour, 1/2 t salt, 1 1/4 t paprika, 3/4 t garlic powder, 3/4 t pepper, and 1 t no-salt seasoning.
4. Coat the fish:
(1) Dip the fish in the egg mixture.
(2) Then dip the fish into the cornmeal/flour mixture.
(3) Place the fish in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
(4) Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until it flakes with a fork.
List of Other Fish Recipes on this Blog:
Our Best Gluten Free Recipes for Grilling Salmon
Salmon & Vegetable Curry
Tropical Shrimp Curry
Steamed Scallion Ginger Fish with Stir Fried Bok Choy
Fantastic Mahi & Vegetable Stir Fry
Make Your Own Sushi!
Rachel Ray's Recipe for the Best Fish Tacos - My-Oh Mahi That's a Good Fish Taco!
Oven Fried Fish Sticks