POLLO GUISAD0 (Mexican Braised Chicken)
1. Prepare chicken: Rinse 2 lbs of chicken pieces (legs, thighs, wings) in warm water. Squeeze the juice of a lemon and rub it all over the chicken.
2. Prepare vegetables:(1) Chop up 1 red onion (I used yellow)(2) Chop up 1/2 cup of celery(3) Chop up 2 green bell peppers(4) Mince 2 t of garlic
3. Cook chicken:(1) Put 2-3 T of coconut oil into a large skillet and add 1 t of sugar and cook until it browns. (2) Add the chicken and brown both sides.(3) Add the vegetables sautÃ© while the chicken continues cooking.(4) Put the chicken in a 9 x 13 casserole pan.
4. Prepare sauce:
(1) Put 1 cup of tomato sauce and 2 T of tomato paste into a medium size bowl.(2) Add seasonings: 2 t salt, 2 t black pepper, 1 -2 T paprika, 1/8 t oregano, 2 t no salt seasoning, 2 t gluten free tamari, 2 t balsamic vinegar, 1 t chicken bouillon, and 1/2 of a bunch of chopped cilantro.
(3) Pour the seasoned tomato sauce over the chicken. You can cook this in a large electric skillet, a dutch oven on the stove, or you can bake it in the oven at 350. Cook until the chicken is tender about 30-45 minutes or until tender. Taste the sauce and make any adjustments.
(4) Serve with rice.
Other Mexican recipes on this blog:
Stacked Enchiladas - Texas Style
Acapulco Delight - A great Mexican Enchilada
Cheese & Vegetable Enchiladas
Rachel Ray's Chilaquiles
Tacos, Chimichangas & Etc.
Rachel Ray's Recipe for the Best Fish Tacos
Beans & Rice
Refried Beans without the refry
Chevy & Rio Bravo's Pot of Black Beans
Mexican Chicken & Beef
Grilled Mexican Chicken
Mexican Fiesta Chicken Soup
Cilantro Lime Chicken Soup
Baja Salad with Black Beans & Quinoa