To contact us Click HERE This is a fantastic stroganoff from my friend Ginger. I found it very easy to make it gluten free by just substituting gluten free noodles and Worcestershire sauce. The combination of ingredients in the sauce is what makes this so delicious.
GINGER'S FAMILY FAVORITE BEEF STROGANOFFEnough For 8
1. Marinate the beef: Rinse 1 pound of stew meat or sirloin and marinade it in 1/2 cup of red/white wine, 1/2 T olive oil, 1/2 cup of beef broth, 2-3 cloves of minced garlic, and 2 t tarragon for 30 minutes.2. Prepare vegetables: Cut up 1/2 cup of onion and 1/2 cup of mushrooms.
3. Cook pasta: Put a large pot of water on to boil and cook 1 package of gluten free noodles about 10 minutes or according to directions.
4. SautÃ© beef: Take the beef out of the marinade but reserve the marinade. Put 2 T of coconut oil into a large skillet and cook the meat for a few minutes. Add the onions and let them cook for 3 minutes; then add the mushrooms and cook them for 1-2 minutes.
5. Prepare sauce: (1) Sprinkle the meat and vegetables with 2 t of salt and 1/4 t black pepper. (2) In a bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of beef broth, 2 T of ketchup and 2 T of cornstarch. (3) Add the reserved marinade and stir until mixed.(4) Pour the sauce into the pan with the beef and vegetables.
(5) Simmer for 15 minutes, add a bit more beef stock if too thick.
(6) Add 1 T of Worcestershire sauce and taste the sauce and adjust any seasonings.(7) Turn off the heat and stir in 1 cup of sour cream.
List of Other Gluten Free Pasta Recipes:
My Mom's Splendiferous Spaghetti
Oh So Good Vegetarian Lasagna
Picnic Pasta Salad
Fantastic & Gluten Free Salmon Fettuccine
This is the Best Minestrone Soup!