15 Şubat 2013 Cuma

Life study of 1 Corinthians: What Can Solve All the Problems Among Believers?

To contact us Click HERE
View of the San Juan Islands
     Does the book of 1 Corinthians seem complicated to you?  It may look like it's just Paul hashing through a number of problems the believers were having in the church in Corinth.  I appreciate the insight Witness Lee shares in his Life Study of this book because without it that's probably all I'd see. He points out how the apostle Paul in the midst of all these negative situations just  kept focusing the believers on Christ.  In fact in Message 5 he lists 19 aspects of the all-inclusive Christ that Paul reveals in this epistle!  

I like this excerpt in Message 4 because it puts together why Christ should be the unique focus of all the believers:


In the first nine verses Paul lays as the foundation Christ, the unique center. In this unique center we have a unique and all-inclusive fellowship and enjoyment, the fellowship of Christ.  In 1:10 Paul begins to deal with the eleven problems found in 1 Corinthians.  In dealing with all these problems, Paul makes it very clear that the unique solution to all problems in the church is Christ and His cross (Life Study of 1 Corinthians, Page 35-36).


     This is actually my third time reading through the Life Studies of 1 Corinthians, and what makes this book special for me is that it was the first Life Study book that I  read all the way through.  I was 28 years old then, and so that was a long time ago.  After finishing those Life Studies on 1 Corinthians, I decided to read through all the New Testament Life Studies because I realized I owed it to myself to know the truths that this dear brother had so faithfully opened up. A few years ago I decided to read  through the Old Testament Life Studies.  They are all such a treasure,  but Genesis and Exodus remain my favorites!  It is wonderful that all of these Life Studies are now available online at Living Stream Ministry's website.


In 2011 I started re-reading the Life Studies of the New Testament published by Living Stream Ministry. If you click on the God Seeking/Life Study tab, you can find other titles that may interest you.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder