To contact us Click HERE Whenever my granddaughter Mikaela spends the night, she likes to help me make breakfast. Here we are making some migas. I got this recipe from a Texas cookbook I picked up at an airport about 4 years ago. I tripled the recipe so it would fit in a 9 x 13 pan. I've made this several times and everyone likes it! This is a delicious breakfast casserole.
MIGAS BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
1. Prepare vegetables:
(1) Dice up 1 onion
(2) Chop up 2-3 tomatoes
(3) Open a can of green chiles
(4) Chop up about 1/4 cup of cilantro
2. Cut in strip 8-9 corn tortillas.
3. In a frying pan: Warm up 3-4 T of coconut oil. Then add the onions and sautÃ© 3 minutes; then add the tomatoes and corn tortilla strips and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Meanwhile whisk up eggs: Whisk up 6 eggs and add 2 cups of milk, 1 t salt, and 1/2 t of black pepper. Stir in the can of green chiles and cilantro.
5. Combine ingredients: Put onion mixture in the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass pan. Pour the egg mixture over the top.
6. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
Other breakfast recipes on this blog:
Gluten Free Blueberry Pancakes
Banana Split Pancakes
Gluten Free Crepes
Gluten Free Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes
Gluten Free Banana Fritters
Eggs with Sweet Potatoes & Spinach
Hash Brown Egg Casserole
Baked Zucchini Frittata
Homemade & Low-Fat Peanut Coconut Granola
Banana Nut Muffins