6 Ekim 2012 Cumartesi

Italian Sausage Soup

To contact us Click HERE
  Flavor doesn't always dependent on a list of ingredients.  Many times it's the blend of flavors that makes you go wow!  If you just scan through the list of ingredients for this recipe, you may think how can Italian sausage, potatoes,  green peppers, and kidney beans ever taste good together?  If you do, you will really miss out.  The first time I had this soup was way back in the early 1980s when my friend Debbie made it for dinner.  She served it with a salad and warm french bread.  It was fantastic.  A few weeks ago I started thinking about that soup and so I did a Google on it, and when I found this version on Calorie Count and made it, I knew I had found it.  The only thing I omitted were the tomatoes because Debbie never used them, but if they sound good, you can add them.  So when I made it,  I served this soup to my son-in-law who is half Italian, and   along with that he has these discriminating Italian taste buds.  Whenever I make something Italian, I'm a bit apprehensive until he gives me the thumbs up.  And yes, this soup got a big thumbs up!  


Italian Sausage Soup - for 4-6
1.  Prepare vegetables:
(1)  Slice 1 onion into thin slivers
(2)  Slice 1 green pepper
(3)  Quarter 2 russet potatoes

2.  Prepare meat:  Cut up 1/2 pound of beef sirloin into thin strips.  Cut 4 Italian sausages into rings.

3.  Cook meat and vegetables:  In a large skillet cook 1 lb of chicken Italian sausage and 1/2 pound of beef sirloin cut in strips.  Then add the onions and green peppers.  Cook until the meat is cooked and the vegetables are tender.

4.  In a soup pot:
(1)  Put 8 cups of water and bouillon or use beef stock.
(2)  Add the ingredients from the skillet
(3)  Add  the potatoes.
(4)  Add spices:  1/2 t oregano, 1/2 t basil, 2 t salt, and 1/2 t black pepper.
(5)  Cook for about 10 minutes.
(6)  Add one 15 oz can of kidney beans.
(7)  Cook for about 5 more minutes.
(8)  Taste and adjust any seasonings.





List of My Favorite Soups, Chili & Stew Recipes: 

Vi's Best Chili

Texas Cowboy Stew

Chinese Chicken Soups:  Bok Choy Chicken Soup, Chicken & Spinach Soup, & Chinese Cabbage Soup

This is the Best Minestrone Soup!

Hearty Pea Soup



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder