8 Ekim 2012 Pazartesi

Gluten Free Oven Fried Chicken

To contact us Click HERE
Gone are the days of KFC.  The next best thing is this recipe for oven fried chicken that my sister in law gave me years ago. All I had to change was the flour.  What I like about this recipe is everyone likes it because it tastes great!  I'm not going to compare it to KFC, but it's the next best thing I've come across so far.

When I was a child my mother would make fried chicken in a pot of oil.  Wow, it's a good thing I was a kid and could burn off all those calories! You will be surprised at how little fat is in this recipe.  As you'll see below, all the chicken in this 9 x 13 pan cooked in just half of a cube of butter. The original recipe calls for an entire cube, but  as you can see from the pictures, it still cooked up great.

This recipe comes from my selection of recipes on the blog 4th of July Gluten Free BBQ Favorites.

 Lesley's Oven Fried Chicken (made gluten free)
1. Prepare chicken: Rinse 2-3 pounds of chicken pieces.  I usually remove the skin on all my chicken recipes to reduce fat.  I guess it depends on how much compromise you're going for here.
2. Make coating:
(1) Mix together 3/4 cup of rice flour, 1/3 cup of cornmeal, 1/4 T chili powder, 1 t salt, 1/4 t thyme, 1/4 t oregano, and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese in a medium size bowl.

(2) In case this is too much coating (sometimes I have extras), just put some into a smaller bowl and add more as needed or you can put some into a plastic bag and shake the chicken. Store any extras in an airtight container.

 3. Prepare chicken for baking: Pour 1/2 cup of buttermilk into a bowl. Dip each piece in the buttermilk and then put in the bowl and coat evenly with the flour mixture. Put on a plate.
4. Prepare 9 x 13 pan: Put 1/4 cup of butter in a 9 x 13 pan and set the pan in a 400 degree oven and let the butter melt. When the chicken pieces are coated, lay them in the pan. Cook the chicken uncovered for 25 minutes and then turn them over and cook another 25 minutes.



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder