13 Ekim 2012 Cumartesi

Making Homemade Burp Cloths & Matching Baby Quilts

To contact us Click HERE
A friend's  daughter just had a baby boy last week, and I wanted to make something special.  So yesterday I stopped by Jo Ann Fabric's and bought 1 1/4 yards of flannel and batting.  You can look at the instructions for making this quilt on the blog I wrote up last summer called Easy 1 2 3 Baby Quilt Making.




I had also seen at  a  gift shop a few days ago some homemade burp cloths and decided I'd try to make them to match the quilt.   I asked the gal at the counter how big she thought they were, and she said  I could probably get two of them out of 1/4th of a yard.  





Making Homemade Burp Cloths

(1)  After cutting the 1/4 yard of material in half, I rounded the edges  like I had seen at the gift shop.
(2)  Then I pinned the right sides together. 
(3)  Then I sewed it and left a space so I could turn it inside out.  
(4)  I sewed a topstitch close to the edge around the burp cloth just like I had seen at the gift shop.



Other blogs you can check out:

Easy 1 2 3 Baby Quilt Making

Crocheting Baby Blankets & Throws

Crocheting Scarves is Fun & Easy!


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder