8 Aralık 2012 Cumartesi

Wild Rice Soup

To contact us Click HERE


In the mood for some warm soup?

Give this one a try....it's full of chunks of chicken, carrots, and mushrooms in every spoonful.
Wild rice soup is one of my favorites, and this recipe is a winner. I got  it from one of my friends, who makes it quite often.

One bowl is never enough.....

Wild Rice Soup
1 cup uncooked wild rice3 cups boiling water2 strips smoked bacon ( I use quite a bit more)1/4 cup chopped onion (I like so I just use a whole med onion)3/4 cup sliced celery (I use 1 cup)1/2 cup sliced carrots ( I use a cup or more)12-14 oz. chicken broth2 cans cream of mushroom soup2 soup cans milk4 oz. can mushrooms plus liquid1 tsp. seasoned saltpepper to taste
I add a cup or so of cooked chicken
Combine rice and boiling water in large saucepan; simmer, covered, 50-60 minutes. Drain off excess liquid; set rice aside. Fry bacon till crisp; remove bacon and saute onion, celery and carrots in small amount of bacon fat. Combine broth, soups, milk, mushrooms, salt and pepper, reserved crumbled bacon, sauteed vegetables and wild rice. Simmer, covered, 1 hour. Yields 8 servings.

Print Friendly and PDF

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder