7 Aralık 2012 Cuma

9/16/09 Leftover Madness & the Perfect Monte Cristo Sandwich

To contact us Click HERE
What's for dinner tonight? The Perfect Monte Cristo Sandwich

Houston, we have a problem...leftovers!!! We have sooooo much leftover food!!! I chose to make a sandwich for dinner tonight because I have no more room in my fridge for leftovers! I think I need to start cutting Rachael's recipes in half. She typically cooks for more than 2 people/servings. Prav and I are gonna get even fatter at this rate! I brought the leftover BBQ Chicken with Cornbread Topper over to my friend, Barbara. Barbara is 9 months pregnant and I know she isn't feeling up to cooking these days. I hope the leftovers kept well overnight. Now, all I have to do is find someone willing to eat all of the other leftovers in my fridge!

So, dinner tonight was "light"...in the sense that I didn't have any leftovers (thank goodness). On another note, I have picked my recipes for Friday's big Rachael Ray Show filming in my kitchen. I've decided to make the meal that inspired the entire 365 day challenge, Chicken with Creamy Balsamic Gravy and Chestnut Stuffing (maybe this time I will actually find chestnuts). I chose this recipe because I don't want to make a fool out of myself on camera by cooking something elaborate and screwing it up on national television. I figured I would make this meal because I am familiar with the recipe, but I never actually cooked it for the 365 day challenge. I started the challenge on 8/24, but made this recipe on 8/21. The meal isn't exactly simple either...you can refer back to my first blog post to see what a nightmare I was in the kitchen for my first attempt. I'd like to try it again to see if I have improved any of my kitchen skills too.

I will also be making another meal to bring to my co-workers at Duke. I figured I'd make a big pasta dish to guarantee that there will be enough for everyone and it's easy to transport. Additionally, I will be making mini chicken pot pies. I must confess...I LOVE a good chicken pot pie!!! Every other Sunday, Duke serves chicken pot pies to our patients and I am always eye-ing them with hunger! I'll have to make a few of the pies without peas in them for Prav. Peas...yet another vegetable my husband to be refuses to eat. :) I love peas.

Lastly, I am getting NERVOUS!!! National TV...ugh. I hope the camera is good to me. I have a really good sense of humor and can laugh at myself, so I think I'll be alright with Rachael. I just hope she doesn't think this whole thing is a stupid waste of time like in the "Julie & Julia" movie. Julia Child thought what Julie Powell was doing was stupid and disrespectful. I mean no disrespect to Rachael...in fact, it is just the opposite. I respect her so much that I'd like to be a bit more like her. My mom always said, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." I hope Rachael agrees. I never ever thought I'd get the chance to meet her. I never thought I'd be cooking in front of a camera. And, I never thought anyone would care about this challenge because it was just me doing my usual crazy things! I think Prav and my mom are the only people who are not at all surprised by this whole thing. I guess they just know how I am and all the odd things I get myself into! :)

Alright, it's very, very late (or early) and I must go to bed. My kitchen is clean and ready for TV (I think). I am still on the night shift schedule despite working days this week. My body hasn't quite adjusted...which is why I'm sitting here at 2:30am blogging. Goodnight world. I am putting my spatula down for the evening.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder