7 Aralık 2012 Cuma

9/14/09...Learning about Lemon Curd

To contact us Click HERE
What's for dinner tonight? Lemon Glazed Chicken with Bay Leaves

Have you ever wondered how you make that sweet lemony filling inside of a lemon meringue pie? Well, I have figured it out! You open a jar of lemon curd and, bam, you have pie filling...or lemon glaze for your chicken as was the case tonight.

I had no idea what lemon curd was before tonight. I guess I assumed that the word "curd" sounded like "curdle" so it must be something chunky like cottage cheese. Nope, lemon curd is lemony heaven in a jar. It's awesome. So, tonight I used the lemon curd as part of the glaze for a sweet lemon pepper chicken. Prav loves pepper and lemon. Actually, lemon pepper chicken is one of his favorite dishes. I used to just go out and buy the pre-made lemon pepper rotisserie chickens at the grocery store, but not anymore. This glaze was really delicious. Prav asked if it was a Rachael Ray meal. When I told him it was (of course) and questioned why he asked, he said that he thought it was a store-bought chicken because it was so good. Sweet!

We had leftover gnocchi from last night's dinner and I served it with the chicken. Prav really liked this one, but I still think the lemon apple cider roasted chicken has been the best glaze so far. The bay leaves added a nice savory herb taste to tonight's chicken. I was impressed at how good the chicken looked coming out of the oven. I have lots of leftovers because I roasted a whole chicken.

I'm working 4 night shifts this week...I'm committed to my challenge and will just have to be prepared in order to make it through this week! I can do it!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder