To contact us Click HERE Minestrone is a good clean the frig sort of soup. A few days ago my son and his girlfriend came over for the purpose of making this spectacular minestrone soup recipe that she had found posted on Pinterest. She tweaked a few things and consequently you have the recipe below. The original calls for 4 links of Italian sausage, but you can also use Amy's chicken sausage or make it completely vegetarian. This minestrone is fabulous!
1. Prepare veggies:
(1) Chop up 1 yellow onion.
(2) Chop 2 stalks of celery.
(3) Coarsely chop up 2 carrots
(4) Chop up 1 small zucchini.
(5) Rinse 2 cups of spinach
(6) Mince 1 T of garlic.
2. Saute veggies: Put 2 T of oil in a large skillet and saute the onion for 2-3 minutes and then add the garlic, carrots and celery. Saute for a few minutes. If you want you can add some sliced Amy's Chicken Sausage.
3. Meanwhile prepare the soup:
(1) Put 8 cups of chicken/vegetable stock into a soup pot, 2 t of salt, 1/2 t pepper, 1/2 t basil, and 1/2 t oregano and bring it to a boil.
(2) Then add two 15 oz cans of whole tomatoes, 1 can of drained green beans, 1 15 oz can of kidney beans, 1 15 oz can of garbanzo beans, and the spinach and let simmer for 15 minutes. You may need to add a cup more of chicken/veggie stock if it's too thick.
(3) Add 1 cup of gluten free pasta and let the soup cook until the noodles are tender.
(4) Taste and adjust any seasonings.
List of My Favorite Soups, Chili & Stew Recipes:
Vi's Best Chili
Texas Cowboy Stew
Chinese Chicken Soups: Bok Choy Chicken Soup, Chicken & Spinach Soup, & Chinese Cabbage Soup
This is the best Minestrone Soup!