23 Eylül 2012 Pazar

A December to Remember!

Wow...it's 3 days before my wedding and I am so excited I could just burst! Prav and I are back in Florida and will be heading to the Keys tomorrow to start all of the celebrations! I've been told that our hotel room has a stove/oven, microwave, fridge/freezer and cooking supplies. I'm a bit nervous about getting my challenge meals cooked, so I've planned some "no cook" dips for the next few days. My mom has volunteered to help, thank goodness! I know Rachael told me to take my wedding off, but I just can't! I've been so dedicated to completing this..how could I stop? :)

This month has been crazy! I had to work lots of crazy shifts in order to afford myself the days off around the holidays. As a new nurse, I'm so grateful to have the next 2 weeks off during the holidays. I had to work lots of other holidays to earn this! Plus, during my initial interview with my manager, I told her I would need this time off and she still hired me! Whew!

I know a lot of people like to cook holiday recipes around this time of year, but I must admit, I have been literally cooking whatever is easiest in order to meet my challenge goals and maintain my sanity before the wedding. I've been making lots of RR snack recipes and dips this month. I'm looking forward to cooking more challenging meals next month when things settle down.

I did manage to learn some new things this month while cooking. I've learned that you can put lemons, limes, and oranges in the microwave for a few seconds in order to help get their juice out. You should always squeeze these fruits with the cut side up in your hand so the seeds don't fall out into what you're cooking. Oh, and I've learned about gremalatas!...avery fancy word for "all-over seasoning." :)

I used a carving knife for the first time in my life this month too! I have a set of knives, but never really used more than the steak knives in the set. I was surprised at how much better the carving knife works for slicing meats!

So, for now, I'm just looking forward to the next few days of celebrating! I will post my December recipes and wedding day updates soon.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder