23 Eylül 2012 Pazar

Life Study of Acts: Prayer, the Spirit & the Word - How the Lord Carries out His Work


The Grand Canyon
  Prayer, the Spirit, and the word.  That's all--just three things.  I really liked Acts Life Study #49 because it made it crystal clear that God carries out His work on this earth through our prayer, His Spirit, and the word of God.  This message touched me because in another week I will be helping distribute  free Recovery Versions of the New Testament through Bibles for America to students at our university. I've taken part in this for several years, and if you'd like to read about my experiences last September, you can check out this blog:  The Best Things in Life  are Free--Free Study Bible Distribution at WWU.   Anyway  when I reading this message this week, different parts meant more to me especially these two parts: 
  If we would have the power and impact in our gospel preaching, we need to pray.  
There is no shortcut to having power in preaching the gospel.  We need to pray, we need to learn the Word, and we need to be one spirit with the Lord.  In 1 Corinthians 6:17 Paul says, "He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit."  We need to stand upon this word, claim the fact, and practice it.  We should say, "Lord, this is Your word, I stand on Your word, Lord, and claim the fact that I am one spirit with You.  Lord, I ask You to vindicate Your word that You are truly one with me.  Lord, I intend to speak for You and even to speak You forth.  Lord, vindicate the word and show that You are really one with Your followers."  We all need to pray such a prayer.  This is the prayer that will be heard in the heavens and by all the demons.  If we are one spirit with the Lord in preaching the gospel, we shall have power and impact.  Therefore, let us not trust in eloquence.  Let us trust in prayer, in the Word, and in the Spirit (Life Study of Acts, Page 426, 431). 

Other Blogs on the Life Study of Acts:


What is Christ Doing in His Ascension?


Acts Life Study - The Early Church in Acts


What is the Purpose of the Lord's Ruling Over the Earth?

How Did the Lord Spread the Gospel in Acts?

The Gospel Reaches the Gentiles!

Acts is a Book on God's Move & Prayer

God's Move  & Satan's Frustration


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder