26 Eylül 2012 Çarşamba

Hearty Pea Soup

To contact us Click HERE

Here's my favorite pea soup!  I made this just a few days ago, and it was perfect as the weather is starting to have a bit of a chill in it.   I have been making this recipe for about 15 years, and I got it from a cookbook called Laurel's Kitchen.   I like all the potatoes and carrots in this soup--they add a lot of flavor and they also make it a perfect soup for dinner.  All you need to do is make some muffins or cornbread and add a salad.  



Hearty Pea Soup – From Laurel’s Kitchen

1.  Prepare veges:  (1)  Chop up 1 onion(2)  Chop 1-2 carrots (3)  Chop 3 stalks of celery(4)  Cube 2 potatoes.
2.  In a crock pot:  Add 8 cups of water, 2 cups of dried peas, and all the vegetables.  Stir in 2 t salt, and ¼ t pepper.  (I add a bit more salt)
3.  Half an hour before serving:  Stir in ½ t basil and ½ t thyme and adjust any seasonings. You may need to thin with more water.  Cook on low for 8-10 hours. You can also put this on the stove; you just have to watch it so it doesn't scorch on the bottom. 


List of My Favorite Soups, Chili & Stew Recipes: 

Vi's Best Chili
Texas Cowboy Stew
Chinese Chicken Soups:  Bok Choy Chicken Soup, Chicken & Spinach Soup, & Chinese Cabbage Soup
This is the best Minestrone Soup!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder