30 Eylül 2012 Pazar

Tomato Sammy

To contact us Click HERE



My mom always ate tomato sandwiches, and I could never understand it. When I was young I didn't like them at all. She'd pick some tomatoes and lettuce from the garden and and layer it between some slices of bread. I would never try it, and ate peanut butter and jelly instead! But now tomatoes are one of my favorites, so when I saw this sandwich in Paula's magazine I tried it. The herb cream cheese spread was delicious with the layers of fresh garden tomatoes. I added some chips and had a wonderful lunch.
Now I can definitely see why my mom ate tomato sandwiches!


Paula's Heirloom Tomato sandwich

1 (3oz.) package of cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. mayo
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
8 slices of sandwich bread
3-4 large heirloom tomatoes cut into 1/4 in. thick slices
salt and pepper to taste
arugula ( I used lettuce)

Mix the cream cheese, mayo, dill, and garlic powder. Spread over bread slices. Sprinkle both sides of the tomato slices with salt and pepper. Layer tomato slices and arugula. Top with remaining bread slices.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder