Meat nachos make a great dinner after a busy Saturday of cleaning and shopping. This recipe comes from my Gloriously Gluten Free cookbook which has a lot of good recipes that rival their all wheat versions!
MEAT NACHOS - From Gloriously Gluten Free
1. Prepare veggies for cooking with the meat: Cut up 1 yellow onion, and 1 clove of garlic.
2. Prepare spices: In a small bowl put: 1 T chili powder, 1 T cumin, 1 T paprika, and 1 t salt.
3 Prepare nacho toppings: (1) Cut up 2-3 green onions(2) Slice up 1 can of olives(3) Dice 1 or 2 tomatoes(4) Grate 2 cups of cheddar cheese
4. Prepare the meat:
(1) Put 2 T of olive oil in a large skillet and cook onions and garlic over medium-high heat stirring frequently so the garlic doesn’t burn about 5 minutes.
(2) Add 1 pound of ground beef.
(3) Then add sthe pices and mix together and cook for about 8-10 minutes.
(4) My comment: Add about ¼ cup of salsa if not spicy enough. 5. Arrange chips on baking sheet: Top the chips with ground beef mixture and sprinkle toppings over. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
Serve with sour cream, salsa, pico de gallo, or guacamole.
Other Mexican recipes on this blog:
Stacked Enchiladas - Texas Style
Acapulco Delight - A great Mexican Enchilada
Rachel Ray's Recipe for the Best Fish Tacos
Cheese & Vegetable Enchiladas
Refried Beans without the refry